Again Suspected APC Thugs Attack, Destroy Kuroko II SDP Ward Chairman's Properties

Barely three days after suspected APC thugs attacked and killed Enesi Ojo in Ihima, one of the supporters of SDP senatorial candidate, Barr. Natasha Akpoti, the thugs have launched another attack on kuroko II SDP ward chairman, Abdulmaleek Wokili.


Giving account of the ugly incidence, Wokili said he survived the attack with the mercy of God.

"My survival is still a miracle to me, at about 1:00am, I heard them chanting APC change, I saw them, they were on black clothes with masks and fully armed.

"I took a different route to save my dear life. When I came back after three hours, they had already burnt all what I have in my room and my bike too.

"It is me they wanted to kill, they came for my life for a simple crime of promoting Natasha's candidacy in Kuroko II.

"People know me here as Natash's coordinator, what is my offence, why will we continue to do this kind of thing to ourselves in the name of politics, is it a crime to be in opposition party? Just look at it yourself, these are my burnt bike and other properties burnt by the APC thugs in the night", he explained.

A resident in the area who wished to be anonymous said, there have been rumour in the area in the last few days of a possibility of APC launching a house to house raid on the SDP supporters in Kuroko to create tension in the area for people to stop holding any gathering that has to do with Natasha Akpoti.

"All these attacks are not coming as surprise, it's a strategy that has already been designed by Kogi APC to cause tension in Ebiraland in the build up to election for Natasha's supporters to be scared and be in their houses on the day of election.

"If actually APC senatorial candidate is popular and has the acceptance of the people as they made us to believe, there wouldn't be need for all these killing and attacks in order to sell their candidate.

"In the market square, the seller don't need to force a commodity who the buyers has attested to be the best amongst other commodities.

 "I don't want to experience anything similar to 2007 political violence in Ebiraland, before things get worse than this, the Ohinoyi of Ebiraland and other traditional rulers, Ebira peoples Association (EPA) other stakeholders should as a matter of urgency stand up to address this ugly trend that has found its way back to Ebiraland.

"It may not be us or our family members today but who knows the next target, 2007 political violence which later took many dimensions started like this and innocent people who thought they were not concerned were killed while bulk number of others lost their properties, this is why our leaders must wake up to address this ugly trend", the source said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog