Open Letter to INEC Chairman Mahmood Yusuf

Dear Mr. Chairman of the INEC ,

I find it incredibly amazing that you are jeopardizing the power that is bestowed on you as the INEC Chief. I will like to bring to your attention that Kogi State as it is now has been jeopardized in regards to a credible election taking place. As it is well known to you, I am bringing it to your awareness that Kogi State Governor has penetrated the INEC to buy them.



Under normal conditions, it is Federal Government workers, teachers and state workers including our new graduated University or polytechnics students who are currently serving who should conduct elections. Now in Kogi State, the reverse is the case.

Your office has compromised the power that has been bestowed on you to ensure free and fair elections in Nigeria. I could not say this happened all over Nigeria I will specifically make mention of my State Governor Yahaya Adoza Bello of Kogi State who is well known all over Nigeria for breading thugs in Kogi State.

I will like this to be under the record, that your office has been compromised in Kogi State. Our Governor of Kogi State has manipulated the integrity of INEC to allow him to place the names of thugs in place of the legal procedure to used Federal, State, and NYSC currently serving in Kogi State to run the affairs of the election.

Instead of this, I urge you not to shy away from your responsibility to address this issue before this election that is already knocking at the door. I also understand that as the Chairman of the INEC you cannot be privy to all that happens because you cannot be everywhere at the same time.

Our Governor is a notorious Governor, and we cannot allow him to dictate who becomes a senator in my constituency especially. His dubious character is shown in his three years of leadership I do not need to elaborate more of his dubiousness to you. It is public knowledge in Nigeria.

I will also urge you to ensure those who have been verified as genuine workers both Federal and State level including our NYSC graduates conduct this election with high-level of integrity, not thugs. If you did not take appropriate steps to address this, then Nigeria election will not be free and affair.

I will remind you that your effort to ensure all loopholes are covered will set the stage for you in the history book of Nigeria. I will applaud you if you immediately swing to action to address all these menaces that are serving as cancer in Kogi State.

In my final analysis, if you love Nigeria and wants Nigeria to move ahead, you must address these issues with high-level of urgency. Thank you for your cooperation in this regard. May God bless you and bless all the people of Kogi State and Nigeria at large.

By Joseph Ozigi Akomodi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog