Wizkid, Davido Name By CDQ As The Kings Of Nigerian music

The Nigerian indigenous rapper, Sodiq Abubakar Yusuf, popularly known by his stage name as ‘CDQ', has described David and Wizkid as the kings of Nigerian music.



This was made known in In an exclusive chat with Showtime, he spoke on why he hardly associates with just everybody in the music industry.

According to our source, "the artiste is one Nigerian entertainer who rarely follows the bandwagon.

"Though simple, humble and receptive, he is not the type who associates with every Tom, Dick and Harry in the music industry. Since his break into limelight, Showtime's careful observation and investigation has revealed that though the music industry requires that an artiste frolics with industry mates at all levels, CDQ is a non-conformist to this principle."

The artiste noted that“There has to be this chemistry, and what will generate that chemistry is the ‘dopeness’, few are the kind of artistes I've had to work with in Nigeria. Like recently, I shot a video with Davido, I already have one with Wizkid, those are like the two main Lions we have in Nigeria.  I've one with Banky W also, which actually means he is a very skilled artiste in the RnB genre.

"Before I do anything with you I need to certify that you're very good. When I listen to good music, irrespective of the kind of language you used to do it, music is a universal language, it doesn't matter if it's Igbo or Hausa, when I listen to the delivery, the kind of sound, I'll know if it's good music.”

He however declared plans for his debut concert scheduled to hold in December. “I'm actually working on organizing a ‘Woss’ concert by December, but I'm starting from my hometown which is Ilorin. After that I'll decide on what next I want to do”, he revealed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog