Otan Shelves Senate Ambition to Respect Party Hierarchy

After not less than five Kogi Central senate aspirants on the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, shelved their ambition for alleged imposition of candidate by the state governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, another aspirant Honourable Otori Jimoh aka Otan has announced  his decision to shelve his aspiration to respect the party hierarchy.



In a press release by his media team, Otan said the party hierarchy has passionately appealed to him to step down his ambition for the growth of the party while acknowledging his invaluable contributions to the party.

He noted that as a party man, he strongly believe in the supremacy of the party and as such, he has  yielded to the decision of the party as no individual, however great can be greater than the party especially in a polity where the constitution does not recognise independent candidacy.

He maintained that his decision to shelve his aspiration will certainly elicit divergent reactions and interpretations, adding that he made bold to state it categorically that the decision is not taken out of coercion, fear and blackmail.

"Rather it is taken out of persuasion and the love I have for my people and the party. To my numerous supporters who weathered the storm with me, I am eternally grateful to you all.

"You taught me that in life, it is not the amount of money one has that determines his position in the society. You have taught me that integrity, love and sincerity are the hallmarks of a good man.

"I enjoin you all not to despair by my decision. I want you all to see this as a temporary setback for I believe  Isaiah Thomas when he said "I have always believed no matter how many shots I miss, I am going to make the next one.''

"Certainly this decision has not drawn a curtain over my political journey. I therefore enjoin you all to remain faithful to our party, the APC and his Excellency, Governor Yahaya Adoza Bello in his efforts to transform our dear state.

"I also enjoin you all to support whoever emerges as APC Senatorial candidate in the Primaries and general elections. It is indeed a painful decision but I take solace in the inspiring words of Dalai Lama who said "it is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others." May the good Lord continue to direct our affairs", he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan receives Certificate of Return