Kogi Central Senate Aspirant Steps Down, Says Environment not Conducive

Aspirant vying to represent the people of Kogi Central Senatorial District under the platform of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Engr. Lawal Omeiza Mohammed has shelved his ambition, stating the current political atmosphere as his reason.



In a press release by his team, the aspirant said the decision to shelve his ambition was stemmed by the current political atmosphere that does not align with their earlier expectations, the need to be in agreement with the interest of the party, and the safety of his supporters he considered as the utmost priority.

Read the full Press Release:

With deep understanding of the likely displeasure and discontentment with which this official write-up may cause my heaving supporters especially from Kogi Central, I plead that you understand with me, as this is in the best interest of all of us. I want to reiterate the fact that the decision to run for Kogi Central Senatorial seat at the National Assembly stemmed from the clamour for fair, all inclusive and good representation at the Red Chamber by the worthy sons and daughters of our senatorial district in consideration of my antecedents and proven track of integrity.

The decision to opt-out of the race was instigated by our well meaning brothers and sisters from the district who advised that I shelve the decision to contest the senatorial seat for now owing to: unclear atmosphere, the current political environment does not align with our earlier expectations and the need to be in agreement with tbe interest of the party. As a statesman and lover of my people, I feel the interest of the party and safety of my supporters should be given the utmost priority.
I will not forget in a hurry to acknowledge the unflinching support you have shown since the official declaration to run for Kogi Central Senatorial seat. This, you have demonstrated at various fora and I am quite delighted by the show of love, acceptance and commitment from all of you. It's very rare these days to vie for any political office without having people thinking that an avenue to make 'cool money' has surfaced, but, you guys have on my behalf formed various groups particularly #TeamLOM and carried out several fund consuming activities without my knowledge. I can not be better honoured than this.

I want to assure all our supporters that by God's grace we will continue to be together as we hope to reignite the struggle anytime the environment is conducive for us.

I truly appreciate all of you.


Thanks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senator Natasha Akpoti-Uduaghan receives Certificate of Return