Okun Ancestors Do Not Recognise Smart Adeyemi’s Voice – Ajileye

I am not even sure the ancestors know Senator Smart Adeyemi. I doubt if he can access the ancestors.



I must confess, Sen. Smart remains the most liberal politician in Kogi State when it comes to spending for people. He is the only one who has bought vehicle for at least one person in almost each town of Kogi West. One of my aburos from Ekinrin Adde was a beneficiary. He got a Jeep. My town’s medical centre got an ambulance too. Each hospitals in Okunland got one. Also his personal aides as senators were well paid directly from national assembly. I have seen some Senators whose personal aides who are graduates receive about 40k per month.

On personal ground, he gave me a gift of N50,000 when I did not do anything for him. He only saw an edition of my publication, ‘KOGI AGENDA’ and gave me the money as his personal support through Hon. Ade   Omofaiye. No any other politician has contributed a dime (FOC) to that publication apart from Chief Bayo Ojo SAN who dashed me N100,000 and Gen Oshanipin whose contributions I can not count.

The problem with Senator Smart is in his poor sense of judgement. He over rated himself and the power of his money and underrated the people. He overrated the capacity of individuals above the community.

Instead of giving someone in Egbeda Egga or Okoro Gbede a Jeep worth N2.5m, why not sink two boreholes in the village to serve the whole community?
Senator Smart looked down on our communities when he would have transformed it. Even the road to his house in Iyara remained unattended to. He valued Ilorin more than Lokoja and Kwara more than Kogi when he was in power.

Another problem of Sen. Smart is ego. I was with him in Abuja in 2015 with my aburo, Hon Emmanuel Obadunmi. He told the two of us that the only thing he needed to win his reelection to Senate is give our people some money a day to election. Unfortunately, he did that but did not win.

His capitalist tendency is another set back. On same day, he explained why he can’t invest in this state. According to him, he has a house in Lokoja and the tenants are not paying their rents. How will he reap in a place where he has no investment?

How then will the ancestors recognise the voice of a man who has not spoken to them before?
If Dangote contests an election in Kogi today, he will get my vote because I know that his victory will translate to expansion of Obajana. That is the way it works. I am saying all these here because I know Sen. Smart is here on this platform and I want him to realise where he got it
wrong.

Putting Senator Smart aside, today, I discover that all politicians here are almost the same. Interest of general public is zero. I am now at a point of adopting a ‘siddon- look’ approach to politics.

How, for instance, can our respected leaders in Okun forget the misery of the civil servants in this state in the last three years so easily? I am not a civil servant.

In fact, I have never for a day, worked for government in my life but I feel the pain of children that dropped out of school, because their parents had no salary. I feel for the family of people like late Akin Maliki who died because he had no salary for 22 months to take care of what started as a mild sickness. Today, his children have stopped schooling. I feel the pain of a director that committed suicide because of similar salary frustration.

No no no no… these afflictions must not arise the second time.
– Pastor Stanley Ajileye
Publisher, Kogi Agenda Magazine

Comments

Popular posts from this blog