Dr. Akomodi writes from USA, gives startling revelations why Natasha will be the best option for 2019 KC Senate

As the people of Kogi Central Senatprial District beam their search light for the best option to represent them at the upper chamber come 2019, the search light has recently been turned to the founder of Builders Hub Impact Investment Program, Barrister Natasha Hadiza Akpoti, the lady popularly known for her crusade for the resuscitation of Ajaokuta steel complex.
Barr. Natasha Hadiza Akpoti 



In a piece by Dr. Joseph Ozigis Akomodi, titled, "Why I declared Barrister Natasha Akpoti for the Upper Chamber" revealed the rare qualities of the latter which stand her out and convinced him to believe she is the ideal person Ebira has been longing for for aeons.

Read the full piece:

My fellow Ebiras and Nigerians, I left Nigeria more than three decades ago. The situation we had on ground as at the time I left is far better than what we have on ground now. It is a clarion call for us to wake up and take the bull by the horn to salvage Nigeria together not as an entity or religious inclination but first and foremost, as Nigerians.

Barrister Natasha Hadisa
Akpoti is a daughter of one of my best friend late Dr. Jimoh Akpoti whom I fondly refer to as a mentor while we were young. Dr. Akpoti happened to study Medicine in Ukraine before my proceeding to study Metallurgical Engineering in the former Soviet Union. Upon his father’s return to Nigeria Natasha was a toddler and his older brother who is now a Doctor himself. I have held them in my hands and play with them.
I have always known the bond between Natasha and her father, my great mentor. What you see in Natasha is exactly what her father represents. Her father who after he was trained as a Medical Doctor came to Nigeria had numerous opportunities to settle in Lagos but chose to come back to Ebiraland to serve his people. His generosity to humankind is equal to none.

I was not that surprised when years later I discovered that Natasha was taking the footstep of her father. I know for sure that the spirit of her father is embedded in her quest to seek justice for all. In 1985 when I visited home, Dr. Akpoti and I had a serious discussion and I told him to return to Russia to study Doctoral Degree in Medicine and he said to me that if he so wanted it will not be a Ph.D. in Medicine but will prefer to study law degree but he could not make such move because he has a family that depends on him.
My response to him then, was for him to relocate his family back to Ukraine and after his further studies, he can come back to Nigeria. He laughed and said to me you have answers to everything.
I was long in the United States when I had the news of his death. I was shocked to my bones because such person of a golden heart should never die. Behold, even though those who are so good doing humanitarian services in the world shall partway from the world.

I was one of the first people that kick against the idea when the youths were agitating for her to vie for the Senatorial position, I truly did not want her to get into the messy political tussle in Nigeria.

As a Metallurgical Engineer trained in the former Soviet Union, I have written to every leader intensively about why Nigeria needs to invest in Ajaokuta and bring it to completion. As usual, the political maneuvering of Nigeria leaders does not allow Ajaokuta to breathe a natural breath of life.
What Natasha has done with the issue of Ajaokuta made me realized that our little daughter that I usually carried in my hands is no longer little, she has grown to be a powerful woman in Nigeria. What boils in Natasha’s heart is to see that Nigeria will become a Country that every Nigerians could be proud of. You have heard this in most of her speeches in Nigeria and all over the world. Knowing her so well I am convinced that she is carrying on the spirit of her father.

If Natasha wanted to get rich, she could have used all the evidences she collected about the dubiousness of Nigerians politicians to solicit for money from them. Doctor Akpoti I know will never allow her daughter to venture into such dubious means of making a leaving. That is why whatever this woman put forward; you can go to the bank with it because she does not fool around.

I am again, telling the youths of Ebira to celebrate a woman of heart who has made us so proud and rally around her to represent us as our Senator. That is the least we can do and we must do it now. We cannot wait for tomorrow. I know we have some Ebira people who have done some extraordinary things like Tima Sanni who may also be looking to become a Senator but I am saying, this is a moment for Natasha to transform Nigeria and our support of her is what will motivate her to consider our request.

As I write I have not actually spoken with her, I am sure if she sees the amount of support she is getting from the youths of our land even though she might not be interested, that will give her something to think about. I will do my best to see to it that she will not reject our collective voices.
The time to send those who will add values to our damaged reputations in Nigeria is now and we must do all we could to ensure that Natasha becomes our Senator. I know those who have stockpiled state funds for elections will display their money to ensure she does not run. I bet you our voices are mightier than any amount of money to defeat them all. All we need is hope for better Ebiraland and Nigeria at large!
Finally, this is time for Barrister Natasha Akpoti to represent us in the Senate Chamber to re-write history. We must not be too complacent for maladministration. We must continue to struggle for better leadership. Let us all join our hands to welcome Natasha Akpoti as a Senator in the making of Kogi Central for better Nigeria.

Humbly Submitted by
Joseph Ozigis Akomodi (Ebira proper and a Nigerian at heart)
New York, USA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INEC Bazaar: A Holistic Commoditization Of The Electoral Umpire | By Odaudu Joel Minister