Muyiba: Chronicle Of A Writer's Journey, 'The New Chimamanda'

If there is anything I will treasure in the African Proverbs, it is the underlining indepth wisdom in each of the African proverbs being churned out. African proverbs are not just mere rendition of words, it's well thought that entail messages for the present and the future for those with discerning minds to dissect.


As the African axiom holds, "knowledge is not what you harvest on trees like pawpaw. Hard labour made Kings of Wisdom." This to me explains how the young, beautiful, talented and obviously the 'the new Chimamander' has evolved over the years.

I've had the privilege to read, edit and comment on several works of Yusuf Muyiba but what beats my imagination every time is the pace at which she has developed her writing skills, the pace at which she wins awards and lock  people's attention on the dungeon of her literary dexterity.

Moralists were so true when they held that, the only key to developing oneself in any field is by learning and reading works of successful people in that line of endeavour. Muyiba is not only a big fan of prolific writer, Chimamanda Adichie, she reads every work of hers, and adopted her descriptive style of writing.

I believe in coming years, those who are familiar with the works of Chimamanda will start mistaking Muyiba's works for it.

I was not surprised when she emerged first runner up of a short story competition organized by association of  Nigerian authors/Yusuf ali short story competition for tertiary institutions and consequently won free ticket to Enugu to attend Nigeria authors conference.

 Muyiba, the first Female National President of the oldest Students' Union in Ebira land, Ihima Students' Union, described writing as, "writing is my solace, my sword. I use it to make a ford for others. Writing enables me to create my own world, where I make my people and also dwell."

I am cocksure there are more recognitions on the pipeline for the young author who published her first story, "Oyiza's Destiny" back in her secondary school days.

More years to creating your own world and contribute to societal growth through your outstanding literary works.

Isah Bala

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INEC Bazaar: A Holistic Commoditization Of The Electoral Umpire | By Odaudu Joel Minister