2019: Oseni clears air on why he drops his senatorial ambition

In what appeared to be a shocking moment in Kogi Central politics after one of the leading senate aspirants, Alhaji Yakubu Oseni announced his decision to step down, he has explained the reason behind his dramatic turn.



In a press statement issued on Tuesday, the Kogi State Internal Revenue Boss, Yakubu Oseni said he had to drop his ambition in the interest of peace, as directed by his boss, Governor Yahaya Bello.

In his words,  "today, I am pleased to announce that, my principal has asked me to shelve my ambition for Kogi Central Senatorial seat for the progress of our great party and in the interest of peace. My fellow support group; I thank you all for the support you have given to me, particularly those who have spent their precious time and resources to ensure that our ambition is realise. I want to equally assure you all that our interest is not jettisoned but will be well protected by his Excellency," he said.

The Internal Revenue boss thereafter pledged his support to the direction of his principal.

"I have enjoyed every minute spend with my principal and I want to assure you all that, his choice in any matter before him is equally mine. I share his thought, view and position for the progress of our great party(APC) and our dear state," he added.

His stepping down from the race may not be unconnected to the rumour that governor Yahaya Bello has directed that the senate of the senatorial district be zoned to OKehi local government, one of the local government in Kogi Central that has not tasted the position.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kogi Movie Audition: Mercy Johnson Launches Talent Hunt For ‘Inikpi’ By Alex Adeiza.

PDP: APC Is Responsible For Nigerians’ Suffering