Kogi Guber: Why We Want to be Govs Like Our Fathers –Ibrahim, Audu

Two sons of former governors of Kogi,  Abubakar Ibrahim and Mohammed Audu, have disclosed the reasons to want rule Kogi State like their fathers, Alhaji Ibrahim Idris and late Prince Abubakar Audu.


Speaking with newsmen, Abubakar Ibrahim said, he want to govern the state because of what he termed as human and infrastructural decay in governor Yahaya Bello led administration.

"Over the years, particularly in the last three and a half years, I have seen human and infrastructural decay in the state. It is no more news that salaries are no longer paid, neither is it news that pensioners do not get their benefits. Our health and education sectors are all in shambles.

"Our infrastructure has gone comatose, there is so much that needs attention that is not given the necessary attention. When you see things like that, and you are patriotic as a citizen of the state, you cannot but try to do something to salvage the situation. So, for this reason, and so many others, I decided to run for the governorship of the state", he said.

Reacting to insinuation that his father is trying to impose him on PDP and the people of the state, Ibrahim called it as ridiculous, saying, his my brother ran for the House of Representatives for three local governments.

"If my father did not impose my brother to run for the House of Representatives, but allowed free and fair primary and main elections, why then will he impose me on the party and the state?", Ibrahim said.

On the same vein, Mohammed Audu, said he has been in every political campaign of his late father and watched closely elbow things are done which he said has given him an experience about the politics and the economy of the state.

"I am an adult with 25 years of experience in business, and also have 20 years’ experience in politics. I have been in every political campaign organisation of my late father from 1988 till date.

"And I have closely observed the way he ran affairs of the state. I have experience in critical areas like infrastructure development; that is part of the business I do for a living.

"I am not running on the fact that my father ran and could not complete that tenure. No! Yahaya Bello, unfortunately, has completed that tenure. Now we are running to give Kogi State a new life", Audu said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog