Man Kills Pregnant Wife, Two Daughters

In a dramatic twist to what had hitherto been a drama of the absurd, a Colorado man has confessed to killing his pregnant wife and their two daughters.




Pregnant 34-year-old Shannan Watts and her two daughters were first reported missing on Monday, FoxNews says, and her husband, Chris, had appeared innocent and distraught, begging anyone with information that could lead to their whereabouts to come forward.

Thirty-three-year-old Chris Watts had told reporters earlier on Wednesday that he was traumatised by the disappearance and was hoping for his family’s safe return.
                     

Murder victims Shannan Watts and her daughters. Twitter photo: FoxNews/@mattmauronews
“It’s not something I could ever, ever fathom would happen in my lifetime, and I have no inclination of where she is,” he said at the time.

Continuing, Chris wailed, “She said she was going to a friend’s house with the kids and that’s the last thing I heard, and that was it. It was very vague.”

When asked if he thought his wife just took off, Watts responded: “Right now, I don’t want to just throw anything out there. I hope that she’s somewhere safe right now and with the kids.

“But could she have just taken off? I don’t know, but if somebody has her and they’re not safe, I want them back now.”

Watts went on to tell horrendous lies that he and his wife “had an emotional conversation” the night before her disappearance, saying that he’ll “leave it at that.” Reporters had asked if they had an argument before the woman allegedly left home.

Watts said he waited impatiently for his family’s return, “with every light in the house on;” stressing that he had been unable to sleep as he didn’t know whether his family was safe or not.

“I was hoping I would just get run over by the kids running in the door, just barrel rushing me, but it didn’t happen,” he said. “It was just a traumatic night.”

When asked about his relationship with his children, Watts said they were “his life” and that their “smiles light up my life.”
He said he missed telling his kids at dinner that “you got to eat that or you’re not going to get your dessert.” He also said he missed cuddling with them on the couch. “It was tearing me apart last night,” he said.
“I just want everybody to come home. Wherever they’re at, come home. That’s what I want,” he wailed.

Asked what he would tell his wife and kids if they could hear him, Watts, looking directly into a reporter’s camera, said: “Shannan, Bella, Celeste, if you’re out there, just come back.
“If somebody has her, just bring her back. I just need to see everybody. I need to see everybody again. This house is not complete without anybody here. Please, bring her back.”
After the two-day drama of the absurd, 33-year-old Chris Watts confessed on Wednesday to killing his pregnant wife and their two young daughters. His confession came a day after authorities launched an investigation into their mysterious disappearance, reports said.
Chris Watts, 33, admitted killing 34-year-old Shanann Watts, who was 15 weeks pregnant, and daughters Celeste, 3, and Bella, 4.

(PUNCH)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dino Melaye Set To Launch ‘Stop GYB Movement’