"When Corruption Fight Is Just A Sentence", An Open Letter To President Muhammadu Buhari | By Muhammad Ibn Bello

Dear President Muhammadu Buhari,
Congratulation on the success of your inauguration into office for second tenure. I wish you success.



Sir, I wish so much that this letter get to your table and that you are able to read through not minding my poor communication skills. Good luck to you sir.

Your Excellency Sir, while I was just a boy, loving you was enshrined in my heart due to the story of you I heard. I grew up revering you as a man of honour, a man of his words, a man of no nonsense, a respecter of all. In fact on the wall of my family house there was written a phrase "WAR AGAINST INDISCIPLINE", those words whenever I read them then I feel very honoured knowing that there is a man who once led my country the proper way. Then my father will tell us how your regime as head of state brought sanity to governance and all that you were able to achieve even though you didn't stay long.

Sir, stories upon stories of your sincerity, integrity and hatred for corruption was told to me almost everyday. I longed and prayed to have your type in government since democracy. Then boom God made it possible, He didnt just give us your type He gave you back to us. With great hope and joy we rejoice. We said "CHANGE HAS COME". In fact we were filled with joy that we forgot to ask the type of change you were promising us.

Sir, the tenure of change I must be sincere was characterized by total hardship and increased poverty rate. I will not at this juncture forget to say that your administration scored a big one in areas of Security even though your gradually loosing feet in that aspect as of late.

Your Excellency Sir, Nigerians still did not betray you because we still believe that you are going to right most wrongs. It is on this not that we have handed a second term to you.

Sir you have another four years to work and the impact will be felt. I want you to go back and borrow leaf from the Rightly Guided Caliphs (Abubakar and Umar). You know about them but as a reminder sir just go and read about them again.

Sir, you need active heads, you need good brains, you need more young people around you, you need good brains. Your cabinet does not have to be made up of old politicians, there are young energetic young men in the Labour market with great ideas that can help you move this Nation to greater heights and all will be to your glory.

Sir, your corruption fight is yet to be reality, it's still like the scripted show as WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment). What is a corruption fight when people are busy "re-looting recovered loots" and nothing is done to that effect? The menace of lack of payment of salary still lingers even after governors were given BAIL OUTS, and PARIS CLUB REFUNDS. They rather cruise home to their families as if the money is their personal property.

Sir, the people that voted you into power are hungry, they are dieing, their children are dropping out of school, their petty trades are closing up. The center will not hold for long if this continues.

Please sir, fear Allah and remember the Day of Reckoning, look critically at the people around you, weed your farm carefully and remove the valueless plants.

Sir, I wish to inform you here that I still have great belief in your capacity so do others of like mind.

May God be with you sir as you lead us through this tough time to the promise Land.

Long Live the President
Long Live the VP
Long Live Nigeria


I am Ordinary Muhammad Ibn Bello.
A Nigerian with Difference.

adeika1offct@outlook.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

INEC Bazaar: A Holistic Commoditization Of The Electoral Umpire | By Odaudu Joel Minister