Police nab 18-year-old For Molesting Minor in Niger

Enyioha Opara, Minna

The Niger State Police Command has arrested one Idris Abdullahi, 18, of the Zagzaga area of Sarkin-Pawa in the Munya Local Government Area of the state for allegedly molesting an underage girl.

 



The suspect was trailed and apprehended by a team of policemen attached to the Sarkin-Pawa Division following a tip-off.

It was learnt that one Abdullazizi Usman of the same area had on Sunday, May 19, 2019, reported to the police that his three-year-old daughter was sexually abused by the suspect, which led to the arrest.

Northern City News gathered in Minna on Thursday that Abdullahi allegedly took his victim to an uncompleted building and molested her.

The suspect was said to have taken to his heels when he sighted some villagers coming towards where he was carrying out the act.

Abdullahi confessed to the crime in an interview with our correspondent.

He said, “I have been having a sexual urge for sometime but I don’t have a girlfriend to help me out; then, I decided to have sex with the three-year-old daughter of my neighbour.

“All the girls I knew demand money from me in exchange for sex, but this time, I decided to do it with my neighbour’s daughter.

“I deserve any punishment that will be meted out to me; I have brought shame to my family and to all my friends in the village. I have ruined my life.”

The state Police Public Relations Officer, Muhammad Abubakar, confirmed the incident, saying that the suspect confessed to the crime during interrogation.
Abubakar urged parents to monitor the movements of their children, especially minors, to prevent them from falling into wrong hands.
He said the suspect would soon be charged to court.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog